Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Penland 2013

So this summer i was the lucky recipient of a work-study scholarship to Penland School of Crafts! it was great, stellar, magnificent experience! I took a metals class focusing in Steel Jewelry with April Wood called "From Ferrous to Fine". It was so great to learn/see from April as well as from my classmates different processes, techniques and ideas in both traditional and non traditional adornments. Especially with my own work focusing heavily in steel.

  It's amazing reflecting back a year ago when I took my first workshop at Arrowmont and how different these two experiences were, both being great. Humbled doesn't even begin to describe this experience and I look forward to return in the future... Hopefully as a studio assistant next summer or even further out, as a resident artist.
















Pop Up Performance during Show n' Tell. This was a project I started in August 2012 and finished in March 2013. There are hundreds of soldier joints and many feet of forged mild steel wire. It has been form fitted to my body and yes, its not the most comfortable thing to wear.



















No comments:

Post a Comment