Tuesday, October 16, 2012

TEDxCoMo

 A few weeks ago, I was offered the opportunity to be a speaker at the TEDxCoMo: The "City 2.0" which is an independently organized TED event by Cale Sears and Keith Politte. I graciously accepted and developed my speech around the assigned topic of Adaptive Reuse & Creativity. This was a 10 Minute presentation and I was first up in the line up of several other wonderful speakers that morning! Although challenging, this was a fantastic learning experience and I am looking forward to participating in future speaking opportunities to add to the dialog of recycling as a means of art creation.

Synopsis
"My work as an artist in Found Object Assemblage has been a process of re-innovation upon object which have become obsolete or dis-functional. I utilize old typewriters, defunct industrial equipment, and or kitchen appliances as a raw source of material to construct sculptures that reflect a science fiction narrative or fantasy. It is my goal to promote aspects of wonderment and awe from sculptures which infer a likeness to a ray gun or jet pack, but simultaneously rein-gauging society with these objects that were obsolete, discarded and forgotten."

Tribune Coverage






No comments:

Post a Comment